Friday, June 26, 2009

Frog-O-Sphere

I'm a bit of an impulse shopper, which is why my husband prefers to do the grocery shopping without me. Yesterday, I was minding my business at the mall, running some important and productive errands, when I saw this in the display window at Brookstone:




















It's a Frog-O-Sphere, a little mini-ecosystem (according to the box) that contains 2 tiny frogs, a snail, a piece of bamboo, spring water, decorative green gravel and magic living gravel that does something I don't understand to keep the water clean.

And I instantly realized that my husband would love it. I mean, who doesn't like a small plastic box filled with frogs and snails and water?

So I finished my (productive) shopping and headed over to Brookstone to buy the Frog-O-Sphere. Apparently, I was the first person they had sold one to (an impulsive shopper and an early adopter! How 'bout that).

But it was just too cool to pass up. And it was a gift, so that makes it OK, right? Husband was pretty surprised to see the frogs but I think he likes them.

At the moment, Tom & Jerry and the snail are getting settled in on the dining room table while we try to find the best place for them to live -- not too hot, not too sunny, but not too cold, either. I hope they like their new digs.

No comments: