Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Arrival

Meet Oliver:


This little rascal is a huge part of the reason I haven't been online much lately (and therefore not blogging at all since August!). He moved into our garage in late August and, after being evicted twice, he set up camp underneath a rose bose in the backyard. We don't encourage stray kitties to hang around the yard, since we feed wild birds and that just doesn't seem fair, but Oliver flat-out refused to move on. After a couple days of listening to him cry for his mama (who showed no signs of ever coming back), we took pity on the little guy and now Oliver is an inside cat (our inside cat!).

I've never had a cat before, and it's really different from having a dog. Especially since he's so young -- he was just 5 weeks old when he first snuck into the garage. Oliver gets into everything and has to be supervised at all times to ensure he's not eating the houseplants/shredding my quilts/using the plants as a lavatory/standing on the kitchen counter/goodness only knows what. He's starting to get the hang of the house rules, but we still have to keep a pretty close eye on him, which is why I haven't been doing much sewing or blogging lately.

I'm pretty behind on all my crafty projects but I've gotten back into the swing of things over the last few weeks so hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post shortly!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Oliver is the cutest little kitty I've seen in a long time! Apparently, quilters have to own cats, so I guess it was inevitable!