Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weil Update

My 8 Weeks project, like so many other things, dropped off the radar screen with the arrival of the kitten. I'm not sure what the cat has to do with not caring about my health anymore, but there you have it. We have still been walking most days (except when it's pouring), we're still taking our vitamins, and our favorite way to incorporate garlic is by eating spinach & garlic pizza (yummy!). We've also tried crystallized ginger (not quite like candy, but interesting!) and used ginger in some new recipes, like the pumpkin-squash soup I made this weekend. I haven't been meditating as much, although I was doing well for a while, but I try to do the relaxing breathing every day.

I started a new internship at the end of September, and I'm still getting used to my new schedule. Which means I'm pretty much exhausted in the evenings. I have a 3-week streak of falling asleep Friday night after dinner and not waking up til lunchtime on Saturday, and there doesn't seem to be much sign of that changing, so for now I'm trying to hang on to the healthy changes I already made without adding anything new until I've got a better handle on my new routine. To be continued!

No comments: