Friday, March 12, 2010

1 Down


Ta da! I finished a quilt! Which was thoroughly inspected by Quality Control, aka Oliver T. Kitten, and, having passed, is in the process of being washed and dried before taking up residence on the living room sofa.

This is my happy quilt. I've wanted to make one ever since Ellen made hers, but I've been busy with other projects, life, etc. I finally started this one in January (or early Feb?) because I was cold and wanted to snuggle on the couch with it. I used the Avalon pattern from Material Obsession and modified it just a tiny bit, using only 9 fat quarters instead of 12. I was wanting a quick, easy lap quilt -- not much easier than sashing whole fat quarters together!

I wanted to use fabric that I had on hand, which I did, except the backing, which is a light gray solid (Kona Ash) and the binding, which I bought at CityCraft (it's a Michael Miller fabric but I forget from which line). The white is the same Kona solid I used in all the Christmas-gift quilts that I will share here eventually (when they are all finished...), and I got the fat quarters as a set last fall at a local quilt store in Missouri. As far as I can tell, the tan hummingbird fabric in the very center is from Moda Arcadia and the rest are a random assortment of leftovers that the people at the shop put together.

I love love love it. Yay for happy quilts!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Hurray! It looks so good! :)

Harms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harms said...

Beth--it is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously! You did a fantastic job! I LOVE the designs on each block and colors compliment one another so well!

Abby said...

I love it, too! I just got Material Obsession in the mail last week and I'm enjoying it immensely!

Beth said...

Thanks, everyone! I had so much fun making this quilt and I smile every time I see it!