Thursday, March 11, 2010

Beth & Anna?

This isn't quite a Julie & Julia thing (for one thing, I am not promising to make all the recipes in Love Soup by any particular time, and for another, I am promising not to blog about every single one I do make). But I really really love this cookbook. So much that I bought one of Anna Thomas's earlier books, The Vegetarian Epicure. We're not even vegetarian. The food is just that good.

Anyway, this is what I had for lunch today, courtesy of Love Soup:

Leftover green soup with mushrooms (it looks a little brownish in this picture but it's really a dark dark green) and spinach pie. The pie took me 2 hours to make last night, but it is totally worth it. It's a combination of spinach, onions, 3 kinds of cheese and just enough eggs to glue it all together. The green soup is also really good, and it just feels healthy to eat a soup chock full of greens and other veggies.

In other news, I finished quilting 1 of the quilts (the 1 for me, of course!) last night, and I hope to finish up the binding today, so there really should be a picture of that coming up soon!

No comments: